Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Player of the Week: Round 19

Greetings from sunny Cairns! Sorry about the AWOL post last week, I was off somewhere celebrating the reclaiming of a little Origin pride with the win at Suncorp on Wednesday night by the Blues. Yes yes, I realise that we still lost the series, yes yes I've heard the myriad of normal QLD'er excuses, the refs were biased, we only won because of the players they had out injured, dirty NSW players, the wind was blowing in the wrong direction etc etc etc. Was good to see a physical game, some massive hits, and even a bit of biff resurfacing with hardman Steve Price KO'd by Mr White. In all fairness I was pretty impressed with the way Pricey took it post game, unlike Hodges shooting his mouth off at White while he was behind a team of players acting tough like he wouldnt have been laid out next to Price on Medivac #2 if he tried to take White one on one, he couldnt punch his way out of a wet paper bag...

Anyway, on to the important stuff, it was a bit of an up and down week this one with some decidedly average performances from some of the big guns. Origin also took it's toll with a few big names out with injuries and the like. But celebrating a big return to form and an absolutely massive week:

1. Benji Marshall

I've had Benji in my team from Day 1 and he has generally been a solid performer, but of late he has been dragging the chain a bit and I've often found my mouse hovering over the trade button but in the spirit of trying to save trades for later in the season he's lived on, boy am I glad..
Benji dropped a proverbial atom bomb on the Cowboys this week:
Tries - 1
Try Assists - 3
Goals - 5
Tackles - 12
Offloads - 1
Line Breaks - 4
Line Break Assists - 3
Runs - 9
Total points: 135

Take that.


2. John Sutton
It's probably no surprise the names fleshing out the rest of the top 3 are decked in red and green after the Rabbitohs drubbing of the Bronc's, an underpowered Bronco's side were destroyed at home by the rampant Rabbitoh's attack, spearheaded by Sutton. A homage to his epic performance last week of 134..
Try assists - 4
Tackles - 16
Offloads - 3
Line Break Assists - 5
Runs - 12
Total Points: 118

3. Beau Champion
Helped out massively by the big man in the Number 2 spot, Champion lived up to his name and posted his biggest fantasy score of the season getting the job done and crossing the line time and time again for the Bunnies:

Tries - 3
Tackles - 9
Offloads - 2
Line Breaks - 3
Runs - 13
Total points: 106



Special mention : Junior Tia-Kilifi - 79 points
This Panthers rookie has been creating ripples ever since he got on team in Round 16, currently averaging 58.67 over his 3 rounds, expect big things from him in the future!

Konichiwa bitches.

2 comments:

  1. I also had Benji Marshall in my team until I traded him last week

    ReplyDelete