Welcome to another week of Nick's captains. First off, thank f**k that Jamie Soward isn't playing this week. I'm sure people who have him won't be saying that, but he has killed me the last 2 weeks. Last week I had him in the top 5 and he didn't disappoint, notching up a lazy 125 points. Stagg and Hindmarsh were also in the top 6 highest scorers in the entire comp , so the Nick's Captains top 5 did alright last week, as set out below:
1 - Laffranchi (63)
2 - Stagg (88)
3 - Hindmarsh (95)
4 - Bronson (66)
5 - Soward (125)
The Knights and Dragons have byes this week. Here's the analysis of this weekend's games:
Broncos v Souths
Parker(19) - (70)(n/a) - kicking duties seem to have been taken off Corey, which could limit his DT output against a lowly team like Souths. Not captain material.
Souths - John Sutton had a massive 134 last week, but I wouldn't expect him to do anything like that again this week.
Dawgs v GC
Stagg(5) - (76)(99) - had a day out on the GC last time these 2 teams met, with a massive 99 points. Top 5 (again).
Laffranchi(6) - (91)(58) - the big fella let me down a little last week. With a 58 last time he played the Dawgs, he doesn't have history on his side. But he has the ability to go big.
Panthers v Canberra
Panthers - Waterhouse is in, but after his grubby act in State of Origin I'm not even going to put his stats up. He's a cat. But honestly - get on Paul Aiton. I am one of only 2,371 people who have him, and he is a gun. Dropped 90 last week. I'm not confident enough to make him captain, but he is a solid addition to any team.
Bronson(8) - (83)(71) - big Bronson seems to be a bit up and down these days. Either goes massive (100+) or average (60's) - there is nothing in between. He won't be in the top 5 this week
Sharks v Manly
Tupou(13) - (75)(n/a) - Tupou would want to have a massive game this week. With Gallen still out you would think Tupou would get through a bit more work. I am predicting a 75 from him.
Manly - don't seem to be that good at DT. No-one from Manly is in the top 20 averages.
Roosters v Warriors
Fitzgibbon(10) - (89)(76) - the Warriors are gone, and thus is an afternoon game in Sydney. Fitzgibbon should have a big game.
Warriors - with Price expected to be out, maybe Russell Packer would step up. But with the way they have been going, I wouldn't be making any Warriors my captain this week.
Wests v NQ
Farah(3) - (74)(86) - with Gallen and Brett Stewart still injured, Farah has the higest average of people actually playing this week. Good score last time against NQ, Sunday arfo game. Should score well.
JT(17) - (55)(38) - who knows? Normally plays quite well after Origin, so he might go big, 38 against Wests last time worries me though.
Eels v Storm
Hindmarsh(4) - (95)(n/a) - performed well as my skipper last week, and I would expect another good score this week. Solid.
Also, what about Jarrod Hayne. I love this bloke - I told Michael Hagan at Origin on Weds night that he should make Hayne club captain - he said he'd think about it. Always a doubt about Origin players playing the next week, so if you plan on taking a punt and going with him as skipper, make sure you have a good VC locked in.
Storm - nothing.
Based on the above, the top 5 for this week is:
1 - Farah
2 - Hindmarsh
3 - Stagg
4 - Fitzgibbon
5 - Tupou
I've left Laffranchi out, and no doubt he will carve up now just to show me.

No comments:
Post a Comment