Saturday, July 4, 2009

Friday Night Wrap - Round 17

This weeks episode of Friday night footy saw the Broncos tame the Warriors, and the Roosters pluck the chooks. Well that's great I hear you say, but what were the DT scores? Read on...

Broncos v Warriors
With Justin Hodges causing havoc down the left side, and "big man" Dave Taylor deciding this was the night he was going to prove himself by running at the 65kg (wringing wet) Stacey Jones all night long to make himself look good, the Broncos were too strong in the end. Big-time DT games were had by Corey Parker (18 runs, 22 tackles, 1 try assist, 2 line break assists) and Sam Thaiday (17 runs, 30 tackles, 1 try assist, 1 line break, 1 line break assist and 2 offloads). Tonie "the protector" Carroll proved his worth with a solid 15 run, 16 tackle effort, and must be looked at in weeks to come. For the Warriors Steve Price was inspirational as usual (23 runs, 20 tackles, 2 tries, 3 offloads) and Michael Luck tackled himself silly again (41 tackles).
Injury Report - Mighty Folau hurt his ankle, but I reckon he'll be fine after he says a prayer or 200 this week. Joel Clinton got knocked into next week by a flying Jerome Ropati shoulder-charge, and I wouldn't be surprised if he misses next week on the Doc's advice.

Dragons v Roosters
As expected the Dragons easily accounted for the Roosters 34-12. For the victors, big Dell was in everything, with 21 runs and a try to his name. But Jamie Soward - wtf?? 144 points (preliminary) based off of 15 runs, 13 tackles, 2 tries, 3 try assists, 1 line break, 2 line break assists and 4 offloads. That is a massive stat line and anyone who had him will wake up this morning a very happy DT'er. For the Roosters it was the usual suspects stepping up, with Craig Fitzgibbon notching 19 runs, 37 tackles, 2 tries, 2 goals and 2 line breaks for an estimated 120-odd points. Nate Myles was good also; he had 84 DT points.
Injury Report - none that I am aware of. But then again, I said don't make anyone from this game your captain - so shows how much I know!

4 comments:

  1. any ieas why parker didn,t kickforgoals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently they had a kick-off during the week and decided Wallace was a better option. Didn't seem to be any better than Parker to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. controversial, forces a solid hit to parkers avg if wallace is gonna be kicking permanently, not what I need in the tail end of the season when already short on trades!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a massive call. Parkers points will plumitt you would think!

    Glad I don't have him..

    Meanwhile...bloody Souths :(

    ReplyDelete