Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nick's Captains - round 24


Well firstly, yes the rumours are true. I have been knocked out of the finals in the first week. Even on the back of my biggest score of the season, I was unable to overcome the cheating and low tactics used by the OL's and went down by about 30-odd points. I suppose the question here is what is more important - league glory or overall ranking? Whilst some people in our league have put league glory first, this just shows me that they don't have any player management skills, and are unable to guide a side through the difficult orgin period. These type of people prefer to tell you things like "oh, who cares if my overall ranking is 11,000, at least I won my league game this week" or "I might be ranked 10,800 places below you, but I beat you in one league game so therefore I'm better than you". I find it hard to fathom how a team ranked 10,800 places lower than mine can all of a sudden be termed "better than mine".

Anyways, how good were our boys last week!!!!!!
Hayne - 118 - I told you so!! I hope you got on like I did!
Farah - 103 - massive. I forgot abour Benji though! Sorry
Gallen - 69 (grub)
Hindmarsh - 80
Stagg - 79

For those of you who are still competing this week, here is the top 5 for this week

1 - Martin Lang - had 40 hit-ups in the Q-league in Macedonia last week, and only got knocked out 10 times. Slightly down on his average for the year so far (65 hit ups, 15 knock-outs) but he will have a big one when he turns out for the Sharkies this week. Straight off the plane
2 - Brett Dallas - the ranga is back!! Has been biding his time in the Newcastle 25th division side, but with the expected injury to Gidley this week he has been called up to start at fullback. I am expecting big things from this fella this week
3 - Tommy Radounikis - looks in geat form. I watched him last week, smoking and making tackles at the same time - he had 70 in the one game (smokes that is). There is a rule change in fantasy this week - punches are worth 10 points each - make him captain and you won't regret it
4 - Geoff Toovey - I have heard that he is coming back for one week only - get on him. He only costs $87k so slot him straight into JT's spot and make him skip
5 - Alfie Langer - with the Broncos needing to win on Friday night, Henjak has sent an SOS to Alfie, and rumour has it he dropped utensils in the coffee shop and walked all the way from Calundra to Broncos training just for some extra fitness. Will score 100+ for sure

(yeah so what if I'm bitter!! This comp has consumed the past 6 months of my life and now it's just over like that....bs)

PS: if I was still in the comp this week, I would be going Hayne, Hindmarsh, Bronson (vs NZ), Stagg and Gallen - in that order.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nick don't be so hard on yourself!If I win my league this week I get the honour of getting beaten by my wife next week (Bring back Beaver ranked 63)and will have to pay with more than pride..
    Johnny (40 nill)

    ReplyDelete